Spray Tanning FAQs asked by Clients in Coronado, San Diego, and Poway, CA
Here are some frequently asked questions by our clients at our clinic regarding spray tanning sessions. Read the answers below and give us a call if you have any more questions.
Table of Contents:
What should I do to prepare for my tanning session?
What about my nails?
What type of clothing should I wear after my tanning session?
How long do I have to wait before resuming normal activities?
Should I change my skincare routine after my tanning session?
Why Choose Sunless Tanning?
You will need to exfoliate in the shower before your service (do not use an oil-based exfoliating scrub – it will leave a residue on the skin which can act as a barrier to the tanning solution. Please do NOT apply lotion or deodorant prior to your application.
If you want to wax, do it one or two days before your service. If you do wax after your treatment, it will pull away the color from your skin. You will want to shave the day before. You can shave afterward as needed.
It’s best to do manicures and pedicures before your treatment. If you wait to do it after, be sure to wait until after your first shower to avoid streaking. Please note that a pedicure exfoliation will take off some of the color.
We recommend that you wear dark, loose-fitting attire after your appointment. Tanning spray will rub off clothing and will easily wash out of most fabrics.
It is suggested to wait 6-9 hours before showering – otherwise you will have a diminishing result. You will see bronzing color washing off the first time you shower, but don’t be alarmed: this is simply the surface bronzer color that was applied. The dihydroxyacetone (DHA) tan will gently and gradually fade due to your skin’s natural exfoliation. (You can apply baby oil or lotion to your skin prior to showering to lock in moisture and color.)
No – your regular routine should be fine. However, here are some recommendations immediately following your session:
– Moist, hydrated skin will help your airbrush tan last longer.
– Avoid perspiring and coming in contact with water before the first shower. Water can cause streaks. The bronzer will wash off during your first shower.
– Moisturize at least twice a day with hydrating lotion. Hydrated skin will enable the tan to last longer and slows the process of natural skin exfoliation. Products that contain high levels of alcohol will cause tan to fade quicker and unevenly.
– Hot baths, showers, and swimming in chlorine will also accelerate exfoliation and fade your tan. Using waterproof sunscreen or sunblock will help slow the exfoliation process in a swimming pool.
– The use of AHA (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid) products will increase exfoliation and accelerate fading.
– Prior to your first shower, bronzer may rub off while you sleep. Although the tanning solution will wash out of most fabrics, it’s a good idea to cover your pillow.
– It’s recommended to let your skin rest for 10 days after every five weeks of airbrush spray-tanning. This allows you to completely lose your sunless tan and helps eliminate patchiness or uneven areas (these areas are caused by normal contact with clothing and other surfaces, which cause unintended exfoliation).
– Eliminate the damaging effects of UV exposure. Look and feel younger with safe and beautiful tanning services by Sòlas Rejuvenation + Wellness!
– Fast process with only 1 – 3 hour development time
– Provides immediate bronze glow without heavy bronzers
– No painful sunburn or lingering effects of sun exposure
– Adds anti-aging and hydrating properties to your skin
– Ready to schedule your tanning service appointment?
– Request an appointment or Call Us